Monday, September 28, 2009

Polenta, Polenta, Polenta- what to do?

I've often commented to my husband, my co-occupant of this house, my co-omnivore, that I don't know how to cook for two. Really, I don't. Two cups corn meal + six cups broth; you can see that's a lot of corn mush. Corn mush- really, the proper name for polenta. Polenta is such a sexy euphemism for corn mush. But, aaah, add cheese and an herb, say, rosemary, you got yourself a stellar side dish!

Mainly, this failing of mine results in leftovers- which he enjoys. But sometimes it's too much and it goes to waste. Tonight I'm not sure a pound of veal, the above-mentioned polenta (dredged in panko and fried), with mushrooms sauteed with rosemary and garlic, will receive the proper destination- stomachs, not compost.

No comments:

Post a Comment